Thanks for helping Acelity be green! Acelity has partnered with Sharps Compliance Inc. for safe and environmentally friendly disposal of your Acelity single-patient use negative pressure therapy. This service is offered at no cost. Please do not include any other products in the box for disposal.
1. Remove white mailback box from brown outer box, and recycle brown box.
2. Remove the V.A.C.VIA™ or PREVENA™ Canister from the therapy unit.* Do not include the dressing or tubing in recyclable container.
*Disposal of canister and dressing: Follow local institutional protocols for infection control and waste disposal procedures for dressings and canisters. Patients can contact their home health provider for assistance in proper disposal.
3. Place therapy unit only in plastic bag (inside the mailback container) and secure with a twist tie.
4. Place bag, carrying case, and other product items described under “Optional” in box. Optional: Include carrying case, power cord, or paper copy of instructions for use.
5. Close box flaps in numbered order. Place tape over the lock closure to secure in place.