ABTHERA ADVANCE™ Open Abdomen Dressing
The Next Generation in Temporary Abdominal Closure
ABTHERA ADVANCE™ Open Abdomen Dressing, when used with a compatible V.A.C.® Therapy Unit, forms a temporary abdominal closure system that helps surgeons take control early when managing a challenging open abdomen and helps achieve primary fascial closure.
The ABTHERA ADVANCE™ Dressing features the ABTHERA ADVANCE™ Perforated Foam. The unique configuration of the foam is designed to collapse medially when negative pressure is applied, actively drawing wound edges together.
ABTHERA ADVANCE™ Open Abdomen Dressing is designed to:
- Actively remove fluid and helps reduce edema1,2
- Provide medial tension, which helps minimize fascial retraction and loss of domain2,3,4
- Help protect abdominal contents from external environment
- Provide separation between the abdominal wall and viscera, protecting abdominal contents
- Allows for rapid access for re-entry and does not require sutures for placement
The ABTHERA ADVANCE™ Dressing also utilizes KCI proprietary SENSAT.R.A.C.™ Technology. It facilitates fluid removal from the dressing and monitors negative pressure during therapy.
Learn more about ABTHERA™ Therapy
ABTHERA™ Open Abdomen Negative Pressure Therapy
ABTHERA™ Therapy Technology
To order any of the products listed below, please contact your KCI representative or call your local KCI Office.
Click here to view our locations.
Specific indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions and safety information exist for KCI products and therapies. Healthcare providers should review the product User Manual, Safety Information and/or Instructions for Use prior to application.
Case of 5