Acelity is committed to supporting the education and training of new surgeons in the latest medical procedures and technologies. A Fellowship is an award that enables an individual medical professional to pursue study in his or her field or to introduce them to related fields. A fellowship often advances or enlarges the recipient’s area of interest or allows study in a different area extending his or her competence. The award will help support activities such as training, further study or research.
Fellowships may be provided to teaching institutions and their affiliates, community hospitals, medical societies and associations with a bona fide interest in advancing education in areas of interest to Acelity. Any research conducted on Acelity products should be within approved product uses. Fellowships will not be provided to individual preceptors or fellows, to charitable organizations of a particular physician’s or institution’s choice or to private physician practices. The fellow may not spend his or her time at Acelity or provide Acelity with company related services. Selection of the fellow must be at the discretion of the teaching institution or society/association but support should be attributed to Acelity. These institutions societies/associations must have a fellowship committee or selection process in place to determine the final recipient of the Fellowships.
- What are the criteria used to determine funding of a Fellowship?
- What are some examples of Fellowship requests that Acelity will not support?
- Does previous support of a program by Acelity guarantee future support?
- How do I submit a Fellowship request to Acelity?
- What is Acelity's Fellowship Review Process?
- How do I check the status of my Fellowship request or payment?
- How will the Sunshine Act impact funding of Fellowships?
- The recipient institution must have complete control over the content of the program, including the course of study, requirements and selection of Fellowship recipients.
- Amount of funding requested must be commensurate with activities to be performed by fellow, local cost of living, and any other expenses not considered overhead expenses of the recipient institution or society/association. Grant funds may not be used to support expenses for which the recipient organization would normally be responsible.
- The overall geographic distribution of Acelity funding will be considered.
- Requesting organization must have a bona fide fellowship committee or similar selection organization or process. Funding must commensurate with the activities to be performed by the fellow.
Some examples of grant requests that Acelity will not support include:
- Requests directly or indirectly conditioned on the requesting organization’s agreement to purchase, lease, recommend, use or arrange for the purchase or lease of Acelity products.
- Requests where there is evidence of unduly influencing the decision of whether a particular institution will receive a grant or the amount of such grant by a member of Acelity.
- Requests from individual HCPs, physician practices or patients.
- Requests from organizations listed on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individual/Entities (OIG LEIE) or the General Services Administration Excluded Parties List System (GSA EPLS).
No. The grant funding process is very competitive. Each grant is evaluated on its individual merit relative to other grant requests. Please do not consider any request approved until you have received written documentation from Acelity approving your grant request.
Please complete the Fellowships Request Form and attach a copy of the programs’ core curriculum. Only completed applications with required documentation will be considered. The Fellowships Request Form must be completed and submitted by email to email@example.com. A written agreement is required before funds are disbursed to identify activities to be performed by the fellow, a detailed accounting of the use of the funds and the duration of the agreement. Agreements should not exceed one year.
Grant requests submitted with the required documentation will be reviewed by Acelity's Grants & Donations Committee as quickly as possible and within thirty (30) days from the date the complete required information was received. If a review was not completed the requestor will receive a notification within this time frame. Acelity's Grants & Donations Committee has the sole authority to approve grant requests.
All organizations will receive a decision notification in writing, within seven (7) business days of final committee review. Please do not consider any request approved until you have received written documentation from Acelity's Grants & Donations Committee approving your grant request.
You may check the status of your fellowship request or payment by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CONTACTING AN ACELITY COMMERCIAL REPRESENTATIVE AS THEY ARE NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE INVOLVED IN THIS PROCESS.
The Physician Payment Sunshine Act ("Sunshine Act") requires pharmaceutical, medical device, biological and medical supply manufacturers to report to the Department of Health and Human Services, any "payment or other transfer of value" to U.S. Physicians and Teaching Hospitals. These transfers of value include grants. Acelity will track and report all grant funding as required by the Sunshine Act.
Please send any additional questions to email@example.com